Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Enjoying myself

Well it will be a week today that I'm home.  At first I was flying on adrenaline but now I am exhausted. I think that I'll have to go back to France to rest.  I finally finished by Christmas shopping and the package is in the mail for The Pas, Manitoba.  Hopefully Diane, you will get your presents.  I wrote a little message on the parcel for Canada Post thanking them for delivering all the parcels during this hectic time.  I really wasn't being nice, I just wanted them to deliver mine faster and I thought the note would help.  Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.  OK, I was being nice too.  I usually always put little notes on the parcels for them to read.  My Christmas cards are gone also.  Did you get one....


My Christmas tree is up so Christmas, you can come anytime.  Kevin likes to touch to shake do anything he can to guess his presents.  This year, I had to put notes so he wouldn't touch.  He might not be as bad as me when he opens gifts but he loves it too.  Ok, for those who have noticed that my angel is touching the ceiling, well she grew.  I leave for 6 months and things change around here.  Just like when I went to get my haircut before leaving France, I showed the girls 2 pictures.  I said, in the best French that I could.  Vous voyez ces 2 photos, elle dit oui, je lui dis, bien je ne veux PAS mes cheveux comme ca.  See these 2 pictures and she said yes, well I told her I do NOT want these cuts.  I want the cut that your colleague has, the one over there that is cutting the girls hair.  What does she do, gives me the 2 cuts blended in one and she teased my hair so much at the top that I walked out of there 5 inches taller.  Not a hair on my head looked anything similar to her colleague   I did take all the little backroads home in Arras.




I didn't think that I would blog during my holidays but I feel like I have to keep my friends across Canada and France up-to-date.  I've been spending some quality time with Kevin, whether he likes it or not.  I think he likes having his mother here.  Oh and he does say,  I'm hungry and what's for supper.  I must say that the house did look good when I arrived and Minime had not lost too much weight.  I'm allergic to Minime since I've been home.  I must only be used to French cats now.  I'm taking allergy pills because the poor fur ball won't leave me out of her sight.  She follows me around and sleeps with me.  She won't be happy when Allen gets home.  She'll have to settle for the foot of the bed.

Minime is saying, oh I know that look.  That means you're going to dress me up doesn't it.  Ah how she can read my mind.... and she's right, I will.


Big news, I bought a Dyson.  I've been vacuuming since Sunday.  It's my new best friend and it's pink.  It is sooooooooooo me.  Christi asked if I was bringing it back to France with me and if it wasn't heavy and fit in my suitcase, I would.  We could share it but it's staying here.  I'm hoping that Kevin or Allen will learn how to use it when I go back.  Here's a picture.  I'm really putting the picture for André and Christi because we have discussions about vacuums at work.....



I've changed my mind now on some of the France rules of the road.  I think that we should have Priorité à droite (priority to the right).  I got stuck on the side road trying to get on Kensington Rd.  Not good.  France is starting to reel me in.

Went to my favorite coffee break place today with Natalie.  Beanz.  I always say the same phrase when I'm there:  Can I please have a diet pepsi in a can with ice in a cup, no cover.  They know me by heart.  I often have chocolote chips cookies because they're the best and today I had 2.   What a hard life I am leading.

I'm putting a few pictures, especially for the out of towners so they know what I'm talking about when I blog.  Of course the first one will be of Marla is Cool.  I've talked about her so much that I thought a picture was necessary.


To know her is to love her.  She has to paste that on her wall just in case anyone forgets how cool she is when they are at her desk.  Nice Lulu Lemon bottle on your desk.  I believe I gave that to you.  Gee I'm generous.  Are you really that busy or is that blank paper on your desk.  Only kidding, I know you work hard.


How nice to see our building again.  I've spent many years there.



This is the place where Corinne and I enjoy going on Saturdays.  It was taken in Montreal just to show that I'm back in Canada but  it brings back great memories.  We actually went last Saturday and as always, it was nice spending time with Corinne.

Well got to go visit more people, so blog with you later.


3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Louise! Glad you're enjoying your time back in Canada. Hope to meet you in France when you return. Ontario Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a new vacuum cleaner, nice one, I may get one also as it may make me like to do some housework. Yeck!!! Nice to meet Marla is Cool, she's definitely all that plus a busy person judging from her desk. I'm surprised she had time to stop for a picture, looking good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures and I would like to see some Christmas pictures, too.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete